Wednesday, 7 November 2012

outside my window and so much more...

Today is a day that was made for cuddling on the couch with the kids, drinking cocoa and watching movies, because outside it looks like this:


On a side note I picked up a chair yesterday and finished it last night, I was in such a furry to get it done that there are no before pics. You'll also have to excuse these pics I have no place left to stage my furniture as we have new flooring stacked all over the house, and I'm too lazy to even throw a cushion on this chair or straighten the curtain... so it all looks a little blah, but use your imaginations friends because soon (being anytime between now and Christmas) I will have new floors and a plethora of staging grounds - a plethora I say!



This is one big, solid chair and is actually really comfortable considering there is no padding.  The chair was already painted black but it had about a zillion drips that needed to be forcibly removed. Once that was done I over painted it with grey homemade chalk paint  and then distressed it within an inch of its life.  Finally I waxed and buffed it and called it done.  I love it, but reason tells me I cannot keep it so it will go to my spot at the Old Strathcona Antique Mall, booth 202. Now considering the snow storm and condition of the roads I don't expect to have it there until Friday...

Oh and check out my newest project care of Holly from in the funlane who was having a blogorage sale, what a great idea, how could i resist?





in the funlane
Linking to:
http://www.primpjunktion.com

3 comments:

Deanne Langford said...

I love the chair! I saw Holly's sale and if I didn't live in Australia I would have loved to get my hands on some of those pieces!

Rasonda @ Lake Cottage Dreams said...

um... I LOVE this. I usually go with whites and pastels but this is just lovely!

Rasonda @ Lake Cottage Dreams said...

um... I LOVE this. I usually go with whites and pastels but this is just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...